So, for the last few weeks, I have been a little worried about not finding employment for the summer. I don't know how, but way down deep, I knew it would work out. And it did. It's funny how things like this happen when you make your faith bigger than your worries. The older I get and the more in tune I become with that "little voice in my head", the more I know and trust that the big picture has already been written, we're just actors in the play of life and God is the Director.
The more I listen, the more I surround myself in positive settings, with people who "REALLY" know and understand me, the more control I have over the energy I allow into my life....into my home. No life is perfect, no marriage, no parenting is perfect....there is no perfection, just trying the best with what you have.
What's quite interesting, is that the more positive energy you put out there, the more the "unhappy" people will try to take jabs at you and knock you down. In a way, I believe, that's the devil knocking on your door. Sorry, you can politely poke fun at me and I may even allow you to bring your passive/aggressive nature into my life....it's only because I pity those type of people.
It's amazing to me to see how many people have so much surrounding them.....a beautiful home, a fairly large paycheck, beautiful material things all around them but still are so miserable. None of that will make you happy without a spirit, grace and faith guiding you.
Life isn't easy, it's not supposed to be. But what can make it more tolerable is your attitude towards things. Sure, every now and then, you're gonna go through a rotten time, have a bad day, etc, we're all human. But when you find something to complain about every day or worse yet, find the faults in others before taking a look at your inner most being, well, that's just pretty sad and really selfish.
If other could just live, and let live, stop poking your noses into every one else's business but your own, what an easier, drama free life, this could be.
So when you think you are having a bad day, think about someone fighting cancer, grieving the loss of a loved one, being bullied because of the color of their skin, some contemplating suicide because they are gay and not accepted by their families......think again and make your Faith bigger than your worries.
In the words of Bill and Ted....."Be Excellent to Each Other"
I tell the kids I work with daily that the things they complain about are the exact things others may want. Just some food for thought.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you've found your authentic self. Good blog!