Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Daughters and Sons......two different worlds

So tonight was supposed to be a special night for my daughter but I knew (and no I was not projected negative aura into the universe) that she wouldn't take part in her Girl Scout Ceremony.  It was really nice to sit with my husband and sons to watch her practice, but when it came her time to be presented with her awards, she hid her face in my shoulder.  Now as a Mom you want to comfort and understand WHY??????  But for now there isn't an explanation of WHY, not yet anyway....maybe one day.  Really hard to get into the head of an extremely stubborn 7 year old.  I know I'm doing the best I can, but when these things happen, it automatically makes you wonder...."Am I doing something wrong, did I miss something?"  I don't know and maybe I never will, but I will try to know.  

On the other hand, you have sons, totally different species than daughters.....easy going for the most part, both in their own ways.  And yet so different from each other.  One is rough and tough and athletic and one is soft and gentle and a little professor of sorts.  

You raise them all the same, same love, same consequences, same rewards, same everything....I think anyway?  But yet they are all so different.  This thing called parenting, doesn't get easier, just more confusing I think.  It's made me smarter....more than anything I ever learned in school, that's for sure.  We all works in progress, I guess....but watching "little works in progress" is quite scary some days and other days, so very rewarding.  

But in the end, they are mine, (and my husband's).  It's a crazy journey, this thing called parenting, wouldn't trade it (maybe for a few hours at a time, thought), but no, would never ever trade the love I have and give and the love I've been given.  

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you started this! I love your three very different kids, and their one very special mommy.

    ReplyDelete